Greetings from the PFES PTA!
The goal of the Price's Fork PTA is to enrich the quality of the educational experiences that your child receives. We accomplish this goal in a variety of ways, but mainly through the devotion of time, talent and resources of our many volunteers.
Last year was both productive and successful for the PTA; a BIG thanks to those of you who gave your time and energy in making it so. Just a few of our accomplishments:
- Purchase of "Reading Eggs," a reading program for early readers to use at school as well as home.
- A subscription to Brain Pop that was requested by the teachers to help students learn SOLs.
- Many successful fundraising events including Football Parking and our annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction, as well as monetary donations from PFES families and friends.
- Several Cultural Arts programs
- Classroom grants for all teachers
- Purchase of much needed classroom equipment as requested by teachers.
It is important to note that all programs and activities provided to your child are made possible by money earned through fundraising. The success of these fundraisers depends directly on you!
Once again, in conjunction with the National PTA, our PTA is promoting the volunteer program called "Three For Me". We are encouraging everyone to make a promise… a promise to your child and to our school to volunteer just 3 hours of your time this school year! Whether it's making copies for a teacher, reading to a child, helping with a PTA sponsored school event, or dozens of other opportunities…it's all important and it all counts! Look for ways to volunteer in our monthly newsletters! Do you have 3 hours to give? Make your promise today!
We both welcome and encourage parents, grandparents, community members and staff to attend each and every meeting. Our meetings are scheduled for the second Tuesday of every month at 6 pm in the library we would LOVE to see you there.
Looking Backward and Moving Forward!!